In over six decades of legal practice, Leavitt Kerson & Sehati has worked hard to earn a reputation that carries throughout Queens and the NYC area. We are known for our outstanding client service, consistent good results and our compassionate advocacy. We have helped families to probate and administer over 1,000 matters in metropolitan county Surrogate’s Courts expeditiously and successfully.
In Surrogate’s Courts We Prepare And Process:
- Petitions for Probate of wills and Letters Testamentary for Executors
- Petitions for Letters of Trusteeship
- Petitions for Letters of Administration when people die without a will
- Applications for special relief when the names or whereabouts of heirs are unknown
- Petitions for voluntary administration, guardianship for minors and other matters
Once The Court Officially Appoints The Executor Or Administrator:
We work expeditiously to arrange for collection of estate assets, negotiate to address debts and liabilities, and ultimately distribute assets to the appropriate heirs and/or legatees named in a will to receive a legacy.
When Real Estate Is Involved:
We work to facilitate the sale of a property or cooperative apartment, including drafting and negotiating the contract of sale, applying for required governmental approval when necessary, and attending the closing of title. We also work closely with clients who want to purchase real estate or a cooperative apartment.
Protecting Your Rights
Leavitt Kerson & Sehati, located in Forest Hills, is ready to help protect your rights. To schedule an initial consultation with our firm, call 718-729-0986 or send us an email.